Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Turn to hymn number....

Something I like to do on my other blogs is to post songs that have meant a lot to me over the years, so I thought I would do the same on here.

These are all songs that although I may no longer agree with the influencing theology I still enjoy listening to, simply because I like the music, even if at times they make me wonder how life would have been different had I become a pastor.



Mark Heard perhaps more than any other artist made me realise that doubt and struggle is ok, in fact it is the norm.



Michael Pritzl's work has always resonated with me, since I got the first album by The Violet Burning many years ago.



Iona are probably the one band I listen to more than any other, this song is about St Brendan, who probably reached America a thousand years before Columbus.

No comments: